Our children want to see us happy.
Since recording this episode, I’ve started to implement the tips Toni-Ann is going to share with us today and I have to tell you, it’s made a positive impact in my house and in my head. Modern moms suffer from decision fatigue—big time—(especially right now).
If you’re a working mom, stay at home mom, work from home mom, or you identify with some crazy mash up of all three. This episode is for you. Toni-Ann shares ideas for us about the benefits of preparation and planning, how to deal with overwhelm, and even answers the million dollar mom question “how do you do it all?”
Toni-Ann’s Bio: Toni-Ann is a full-time dentist, a reservist in the Navy, and the blogger and podcaster at Real Happy Mom. She is a wife and a boy mom that understands the struggle of juggling work and home. When she is not working, she enjoys watching WWE and watching stand-up comedy.
This episode is packed with practical how-to strategies and ideas for how we can bust through myths about what it’s like to be a modern, working mom trying to juggle it all.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Distance learning & virtual school
- Being flexible and making way for change
- Asking for help…and receiving help
- Preparation & planning ideas for moms
- Toni-Ann’s top 5 tips:
- 1. Get your clothes ready for the week
- 2. Get your purse/bag ready
- 3. Meal Plan
- 4. Plan out your week—include time for you
- 5. Restart your devices
- Decision fatigue and what we can do about it
- What we do for “me time” each week
- Listening to our body
- Getting rest when we need it
- Meeting our basic needs
- Overwhelm & how we deal with it
- Leaning into reminders
- Toni-Ann’s planner of choice: Stil Planner
- Toni-Ann’s online organization of choice: Trello
- Working mom myths we need to bust through
- How working moms and dads are treated differently
- Dropping the vs. in mom conversations
- Aligning our actions and values…and giving other moms space to do that, too
- Taking time to figure out what you REALLY want in life
- The importance of self-reflection
- Inspiration over comparison
- Toni-Ann’s Freebie: Sunday Prep Checklist Ultimate Working Mom Hacks
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Like the show? Leave me a review! Your feedback lets me know what you like, want, and need in your #momlife. I’m here to serve you, open up conversations, tackle topics, and encourage connection. Reviews help me do that! Thank you so much!
What Little Wonder: Thanks to What Little Wonder for supporting today’s episode! What Little Wonder is a thoughtfully curated online boutique for babies. It’s a beautiful blend of neutral bohemian and kind of modern, kind of classic prints and pieces. If you’re expecting or wanting to give the perfect baby shower gift that is unique, sweet (and not bubblegum pink or baby blue) I highly recommend you go check out the current collection of blankets, swaddles, nursery prints, crib sheets, pacifiers, and apparel available at www.whatlittlewonder.com Their soft colored onesies and knotted gowns are absolutely darling. I also adore everything in the shop with neutral rainbows on it.
Healthy Mama Meal Prep (Online Course): If you tuned into Episode 76 with Kris Dovbniak, you know that there was a lot of potential for my life in the kitchen to change…and you know what? It has! Since talking with Kris and taking her online course, I’ve learned about just how flexible and time giving (not time draining) meal prepping can be, I’ve happily changed some of my habits—and consequently my attitude—in the kitchen. I’ve organized my pantry, prepped veggies without wasting them (because I actually know how and when I’m going to use them!), and have a better idea about how I can effectively and efficiently tackle meals throughout the week. And it’s all thanks to the teachings & insights of holistic health coach, intuitive eating counselor, trained chef, and fellow mama Kris Dovbniak. Kris also has a fun quiz on her website where you can find out what your meal prep style is: flexible foodie, busy babe, or modern mom. Whichever you are, she has ideas for you! There is more information in the show notes (here). Be sure to use the code LORIBETH15 for 15% OFF enrollment in the Healthy Mama Meal Prep Course!
Love the Show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Lori Beth on Instagram
Connect with Lori Beth on Facebook
Visit Today’s Sponsors: What Little Wonder + Healthy Mama Meal Prep Course
More About Your Host: Lori Beth’s Blog