Less stress, more trust.
I’m so glad you’re here to learn more about yourself—body literacy, knowing and understanding how our body works & why + what your body is trying to tell you is so important. Self-awareness is a crucial to our overall health and wellness.
That’s why I’m so excited to introduce you to Dr. Molly Stiens who is here to share her thoughts on body literacy, managing stress, and also insights into the “whys” behind how our body works and how we can work with our bodies just as they are.
We’re going to talk about neuroception, creating a sense of internal safety, ways we can understand our longest nerve, our social engagement system, fight, flight, or freeze instincts, gut feelings and the role our nervous system plays in all of this.
Expand your heart and brain in this episode.
Dr. Molly’s Bio: Molly Stiens DC is a mediator in unleashing the healing power of the body, community building enthusiast and encourager of living a radically heart centered life. Dr. Molly holds a Bachelor of Science in Biology & Kinesiology from Pittsburg State University & a Doctorate of Chiropractic from Parker University. Additional certifications include the Webster technique, training with ICPA, in craniosacral work, as a birth Doula & with BIRTHFIT pregnancy & postpartum fitness instruction. Her prayer is that this work will remind all individuals of the inherent power continually working within and around you.
In This Episode Dr. Molly & I Talk About:
- Her journey to becoming a chiropractor and studying what health and wellness can mean outside of “conventional medicine”
- How Beyonce saved her life (listen in for the joke)
- Body literacy
- Teamwork in medical care – partnership with a care provider
- The importance of knowing your body
- Teaching & life long learning
- Her Health 101 chats
- Community education
- Creating internal safety
- Redefining what it is to be a “teacher” and how we learn
- Vagal nerve – what it is and what it does
- Fight, flight, or freeze responses
- Nature vs. nurture in relation to the vagal concept
- Parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems
- Cortisol in the air right now & how palpable it is
- Ways you can support your unique neurological responses
- How we influence our children’s reactions
- How we keep each other in check
- The importance of self-awareness
- Generational differences
- The role of art, music, & nature
- Oxytocin mediated responses
- Yoga postures that bring down cortisol responses
- Meditation, prayer, journaling
- Chanting, singing, worship
- Remembering that responses are impersonal
- The role of flexibility
- How the pace of modern life is affecting us
- If the cultural push for productivity is serving us
- Balance & expectations – seeking ease & happiness
- Yucky motherhood narratives and how to step out of them
- The impersonal element of life-long learning
- Letting go of perfection
- Finding connection s—within yourself, your family, your community, with nature
Dr. Molly’s Links: Website and Instagram
Follow us on Instagram, @loribethauldridge and @elevatingmotherhood. Like, comment, and share that you’re listening to the podcast!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Love the podcast? Please let me & your mama friends know! Leave a review on iTunes to let me what’s serving you best. And share, share, share the show on social media, with friends & family, by word of mouth—whatever way you want to bring in your sisters to the conversation as we elevate modern motherhood together!
Blossom & Root: Today’s episode of Elevating Motherhood is sponsored by Blossom & Root a nature-based, Charlotte Mason inspired homeschool curriculum company that has been gently guiding and supporting families for years! This thoughtful, age appropriate curriculum begins at the preschool level—and acts as a much-needed resource for this age group.
Blossom & Root’s Early Years Volumes 1 & 2 are valuable tools for parents with young children—whether you choose to pursue homeschool long term or not. The information and ideas are easy to follow, fun, and engaging. School age curricula are also available with more grade levels being released each year. It’s the curriculum my family uses and loves. They’ve generously offered a discount for listeners of Elevating Motherhood: use the code LORIBETH10 at checkout for 10% off your order.
For more information about Blossom & Root, head over to elevatingmotherhood.com/homeschool
Primally Pure: Thanks for Primally Pure for supporting today’s episode. Primally Pure, is one of my favorite companies. They excel at creating safe, natural skin care products made with quality ingredients. Primally Pure has become my go-to brand for clean, non-toxic face cleaners, creams, and serums. They’re also the makers of my favorite all-natural (& effective!) deodorant. (I love their blue tansy one). They’ve generously offered a discount code for listeners: be sure to use the code: LORIBETH10 for 10% off your first order. For a list of all my favorite products, head over to www.elevatingmotherhood.com/primallypure
Love the Show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Lori Beth on Instagram: @loribethauldridge and @elevatingmotherhood
Visit Today’s Sponsors: Blossom & Root + Primally Pure
More About Your Host: Lori Beth’s Blog