You know how much I love Branch Basics and I am so honored that I got to speak with one of the founders, Kelly Love!
In this episode you’ll hear the story of how Branch Basics got started and how this educational company is helping families reduce their toxic burden and improve their health. Kelly goes on to share sooooo much helpful information about air quality, toxic burden, being our own advocates, and creating a healthy home.
Kelly’s Bio: Kelly Love co-founded Branch Basics, a wellness lifestyle brand that creates cleaning products using the most chemically sensitive as their benchmark for safety. Raised on the standard American diet and conventional products, it wasn’t until college that she experienced the power of living in an environment free of harmful chemicals along with eating according to the principles of Food as Medicine. All of the “normal” problems Kelly had experienced most of her life: dry and itchy eyes, painful menstrual cramps, joint and muscle pain, and even body odor disappeared! It turns out these issues don’t have to be normal after all, and Kelly is passionate about helping others on their health journeys. She lives in Jackson, Mississippi with her husband and two daughters.
In this episode, Kelly and I talk about:
- How Kelly, Allison, and Marilee started Branch Basics
- How all areas of our life (diet, products, home, lifestyle) influence our health
- Tossing the toxins
- The importance of reading ingredients
- The influence and impact of mothers in their choices for their children
- Selling soap vs. being an education company and lifestyle company
- Empowering people to take control over our homes
- Making our homes safe havens
- How removing harmful chemicals and scents can change your home
- Noticing the strong scents in the cleaning aisles at stores—all from sealed containers
- Low level chemical soup
- Our indoor air quality is 200-500 times MORE polluted than our outdoor air quality
- Looking at our indoor air quality
- Air pollution from everything from new construction to products we have in our home
- Elevating our awareness of air quality and our health at the same time
- The versatility of one cleaning concentrate for every part of your house
- The unnecessary subdivision of
- The extensive testing process of Branch Basics
- Creating my own quality standards for products for me, my home, and my family
- Exploring outside of mainstream messaging
- Looking outside of advertisements & big box stores for solutions
- Opt out lifestyle and motherhood
- Support small business while reducing toxin burden
- Information over advertisement
- Opportunity for discernment in being an education company
- What Kelly wants moms to know about toxins in their homes: the concept of what we put on, in and around our bodies effects us. We are the stewards of our homes and what we bring into our homes
- Beware the toxic ingredient “fragrance”
- Bringing common sense to the table when talking about harmful chemicals
- Endocrine disruption—what it is and why it matters
- Toxic Burden—what it means and why it matters
- Water is a chemical
- Symptoms as signs from our body
- Root cause
- Going through our house is not a burden or restrictive, but very freeing.
- It’s an opportunity to learn about ingredients and our health
- Decision fatigue
- Not having to worry about the kids getting into toxic or harmful cleaning supplies
- Germ Theory vs. Terrain Theory
- Concrete as a budget friendly option
Discount Code: LORIBETH for 15% OFF your Bundle Purchase!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Like the show? Leave me a review! Your feedback lets me know what you like, want, and need in your #momlife. I’m here to serve you, open up conversations, tackle topics, and encourage connection. Reviews help me do that! Thank you so much!
Beautiful & Simple: Today’s episode is supported by Beautiful & Simple—an online boutique I’ve created and filled with products that are fun, useful, and encouraging. Some new kids’ mugs and made on Maui bags drop today and I have some plans to bring in more poetry tea time fun! Head to www.beautifulandsimple.com to see this week’s newest additions and check back often for updates. That’s www.beautifulandsimple.com
Primally Pure: Thanks to Primally Pure for supporting today’s episode. Primally Pure, is one of my favorite companies. They excel at creating safe, natural skin care products made with quality ingredients. Primally Pure has become my go-to brand for clean, non-toxic face cleaners, creams, and even home scents. I’m in love with their Palo Santo Collection. They’re also the makers of my favorite all-natural (& effective!) deodorant. (I love their blue tansy one…my husband Chris loves their tea tree scent. It also comes in lavender, charcoal, geranium, lemongrass, & unscented). They have a really great quiz on their website right now for you to find out more about your skin and what might work well for you. Primally Pure has also generously offered a discount code for Elevating Motherhood listeners: be sure to use the code: LORIBETH10 for 10% OFF your first order. For a list of my favorite products & more information, head over to www.elevatingmotherhood.com/primallypure
Love the Show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Lori Beth on Instagram
Connect with Lori Beth on Facebook
Visit Today’s Sponsors: Beautiful and Simple + Primally Pure
More About Your Host: Lori Beth’s Blog