My best friend wrote a book about business and I couldn’t help but read it through the motherhood lens as well. So that’s what this episode is about: applying business principles to motherhood as a way for moms to find their balance between the two. We’ll talk about the principles of growth mindset in both our professional and personal lives. We’re besties, so this episode starts out super informal and has it’s off the cuff moments throughout, but we do dive into the nitty gritty and I can promise you’ll walk away with some useful insights on how to show up as your best self in both motherhood and business.
Amanda has a section in her book where she talks about growth mindset. Finding joy in work and living the life you want to have. Finding what gives you life and joy. She lists the following elements of growth mindset that we’re going to talk about:
- Cultivating Your Purpose
- Take on Challenges
- Foster Grit
- Write Your Goals
- Check Your Attitude
- Ask for Feedback
- Stop Seeking Approval
- Reward Actions, Not Traits
Amanda’s Bio: Amanda Furgiuele is a sole parent, multiple-business owner and entrepreneur, international performer, and an expert in creative problem-solving and time management. She is also the co-author of the Amazon best-selling book, The Pursuit of Badasserie: How to Create Badass Business Abundance, and co-hosts The Pursuit of Badasserie podcast. With over 16 years of experience as an entrepreneur, Amanda has extensive knowledge in productivity, structural development, strategic planning, crisis management, and business process improvements across multiple fields. She challenges her clients to stop making excuses and start making progress through innovative solutions to even the most mundane problems.
In This Episode, Amanda & I Talk About:
- Hustle culture
- Showing up as yourself
- Authenticity in business
- There is no one size fits all answer for anything ever
- Co-authoring a book with another mom
- Multiple perspectives
- BNI Business Network International
- Reflection in business
- Reflection in motherhood
- Abundance mindset
- Optimism vs. Pessimism
- When opposites attract video referenced
- Finding your purpose helps you make leaps
- Aligning your actions and values
- Purpose driven work
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- “Pick a job you love and you’ll work every day of your life. Because it will be part of your life and it will be so engrained in who you are as a person that you can’t extricate yourself (not in a workaholic way—but in a this is who I am as a person, this is my purpose in life, and the reason I am here on Earth.”
- Conquering mom guilt
- Using a growth mindset to get over mom guilt
- Self sabotage in business
- Self sabotage in motherhood
- Challenging yourself
- Taking things personally in business
- Taking things personally in motherhood
- Fostering grit in business
- Fostering grit in motherhood
- Being yourself
- Write out your goals
- When you’re “too busy”
- How to ask for feedback in your business
- How to ask for feedback in your motherhood
- Everyone has an opinion, but not everyone’s opinion matters
- Just like you don’t want a bunch of “yes men,” you don’t want a bunch of “yes moms”
Amanda’s Links: Business Website and Book Website
Follow us on Instagram, @loribethauldridge and @elevatingmotherhood! Like, comment, and share that you’re listening to the podcast!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Like the show? Leave me a review! Your feedback lets me know what you like, want, and need in your #momlife. I’m here to serve you, open up conversations, tackle topics, and encourage connection. Reviews help me do that! Thank you so much!
Wellnesse. I have a new affiliate relationship I’m excited to share with you! Wellnesse, the company started by the amazing Katie Wells of The Wellness Mama Podcast reached out to me and asked if I’d like to join their affiliate team to which I replied an enthusiastic YES! I was already a fan of their products and use them every day. My family uses their shampoos, conditioners, toothpastes (including a strawberry kids toothpaste my girls love), dry shampoo, toothbrushes, copper tongue scraper, and silk floss. I really appreciate their focus on clean, quality ingredients and that they value performance, transparency, and accountability as a B Corp. Their products work. And I trust Katie’s judgement when it comes to ingredients because we feel the same about products…our body absorbs what we put on our skin, so what we put on our skin matters. Wellnesse has generously offered a discount code for listeners of Elevating Motherhood, use the code LORIBETH at checkout for 10% OFF your order. Visit www.wellnesse.com/loribeth
Love the Show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Lori Beth on Instagram: @loribethauldridge and @elevatingmotherhood
Visit Today’s Sponsor: Wellnesse
More About Your Host: Lori Beth’s Blog