My hair may be changing, but so am I.
Growing out my grey is about soooooooo much more than hair. A year in, I’m more genuinely confident –that doesn’t mean I love every day, but my gosh, I see the growth literally and figuratively. I see the beauty and the potential. Maybe it’s because I’m a mom, but I know how quickly this transition will fly by, even if it takes years.
In this episode I talk about:
- Why I’m growing out my grey
- Shout out to my hairdresser Tiana
- How it all started
- How it’s going
- Non-toxic shift
- Primally Pure
- The ups & downs of growing out my grey
- Self acceptance
- Slowing down
- The slow process of growing out my grey
- Understanding my whys behind my choice
- Other people’s reactions to my decision
- Feeling “old” or looking “old” with grey hair
- The disbelief of others that I’m actually doing it
- Obvious disapproval of others
- Insults—intentional or not
- The people who love it
- How others have inspired me
- How I’ve kept that ripple of inspiration going
- Deep, instant connections
- “You know you could just dye it” reactions
- Why others choose to grow their grey
- Months of unfolding
- Endless support of Silver Sisters
- Two funny stories about growing out my grey
- Brad Paisley’s song “Then”
- Fertility = youth
- Different perspectives on aging
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Like the show? Leave me a review! Your feedback lets me know what you like, want, and need in your #momlife. I’m here to serve you, open up conversations, tackle topics, and encourage connection. Reviews help me do that! Thank you so much!
Blossom & Root. Today’s episode of Elevating Motherhood is sponsored by Blossom & Root a nature-based, Charlotte Mason inspired homeschool curriculum company that has been gently guiding and supporting families for years! This thoughtful, age appropriate curriculum begins at the preschool level—and acts as a much-needed resource for this age group. Blossom & Root’s Early Years Volumes 1 & 2 are valuable tools for parents with young children—whether you choose to pursue homeschool long term or not. The information and ideas are easy to follow, fun, and engaging. School age curricula are also available with more grade levels being released each year. It’s the curriculum my family uses and loves. They’ve generously offered a discount for listeners of Elevating Motherhood: use the code LORIBETH10 at checkout for 10% off your order. For more information about Blossom & Root, head over to www.elevatingmotherhood.com/homeschool
Beautiful & Simple. Today’s episode is sponsored by Beautiful & Simple. An online boutique filled with products that remind us to slow down, practice self-care, & focus on the meaningful parts of our day: the beautiful & simple moments. My favorite mug is the one that says “you cannot pour from an empty cup.” It’s my daily reminder to take care of myself so I can take care of my family. Go check out the collection of mugs, shirts & bags currently available at www.beautifulandsimple.com
Love the Show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Lori Beth on Instagram: @loribethauldridge and @elevatingmotherhood
Visit Today’s Sponsors: Blossom & Root + Beautiful and Simple
More About Your Host: Lori Beth’s Blog