Today’s conversation is real, relatable, and empowering. Lauren Giordano is with us today talking about her new magazine, her beautiful shop, all the resources she offers, the importance of community (including how to be involved and how to involve others!), as well as so many stories that will warm your heart while offering a moment of calm. You’re going to learn so much about what homeschool can actually look and feel like today.
Lauren’s Bio: Lauren is a home educating mother and business owner. She has a passion for community and interest-led learning. Lauren and her family believe that all of life is school and try to soak up all experiences!
Things Lauren & I talk about in this episode:
- Her new magazine: The Kindred Learning Collection!
- Lauren’s homeschool style/philosophy
- Being flexible in homeschool education philosophy
- Why we knew we wanted to pursue homeschooling before we even had kids
- Learning from perspectives and people
- Life long learning as moms
- Bringing back enchantment & delight right now in our world
- A bit about unschooling
- “Parenting is a life long lesson in letting go”
- Expectations in motherhood and homeschool
- All of the awesome support Lauren offers:
- Kindred Learning Collection Magazine
- Chickie & Roo Shop
- Flower of the Month Club & More!
- Bringing beauty into your homeschool
- The importance of community
- How Lauren supports the community & offers
- Child led learning
- Nature studies
- Enrichment in our homeschool
- Being a friend who encourages and supports other moms on this homeschool journey
- How socialization is not a worry for most homeschoolers
- Personal accountability on social media
- How social media serves the homeschool community well
(hilarious pie and sourdough analogies)
- Lauren’s favorite community resource: Instagram
Interesting Mentions from this Episode:
- Book Lauren is reading: The Well-Trained Mind
- The other book she’s reading: Understanding Waldorf Philosophy
- Firefly Nature School
- Curriculum mentions/materials: The Good & The Beautiful, Beautiful Feet Books, Simply Charlotte Mason, Singapore Dimensions, Montessori card sets, Steph Hathoway Designs, Stories Begin at Home, Letters from Afar, A Year of Tales, A Year of Learning, Rooted Childhood (for handcrafts), and Twelve Little Tales.
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Like the show? Leave me a review! Your feedback lets me know what you like, want, and need in your #momlife. I’m here to serve you, open up conversations, tackle topics, and encourage connection. Reviews help me do that! Thank you so much!
Blossom & Root: Thanks to Blossom & Root for supporting today’s episode of Elevating Motherhood! Blossom & Root is the homeschool curriculum my family uses and loves. We’re all very excited to dive into first grade, kindergarten, and pre-k this year using Blossom & Root’s secular, nature-based, Charlotte Mason inspired lessons as a guide.
Blossom & Root has been supporting homeschool families for years. Their current line up of awesome options includes curricula for the Early Years (starting at age 2) all the way to 4th grade with more grade levels and resources being released each year. They also have awesome add ons like Book Seed literature deep dives and A River of Voices: The History of the United States. These are incredible (& affordable) additions to any homeschool curriculum or for parents who want to learn alongside their kids whatever their education path.
Blossom & Root has generously offered a discount code for Elevating Motherhood listeners: Use the code LORIBETH10 for 10% OFF your online purchase. Visit www.elevatingmotherhood.com/homeschool for more information about Blossom & Root.
Homeschool Explained: I used to teach in-person workshops here on Maui that helped families get started on their homeschool journey feeling resourced and confident. To meet requests from parents on other islands and on the mainland, I turned that workshop into an online resource for you!
If you’re thinking of homeschooling and aren’t sure where to begin or you just got started and still have a ton of questions, I’ve got you. I put over 10 years of homeschool experience into a 3 hour video that you can start and stop at your own convenience. I go over all of the most common questions I’ve gotten from parents and workshop attendees over the years…I share with you about curriculum, homeschool styles, when to start, subjects to teach, planning, schedules, cost, state laws, umbrella schools, testing, record keeping, community, socialization, and more. My goal was to over share so that when you finish the course, you’ll feel resourced and ready to go.
Discount Code: Use the code LORIBETH50 for 50% OFF of my how to homeschool course Homeschool Explained! This offer will remain open as a thank you to my amazing Elevating Motherhood listeners.
For more info on homeschool, head over to www.elevatingmotherhood.com/homeschool
Love the Show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Lori Beth on Instagram
Connect with Lori Beth on Facebook
Visit Today’s Sponsors: Blossom & Root + Homeschool Explained
More About Your Host: Lori Beth’s Blog